As new technologies enable the IT-BPM sector to move up the value chain, the transition to higher-level skills will continue. ALLOWS PHOTOS
The Philippines is a world leader in the IT-BPM sector and remains at the forefront of voice and non-voice BPM as well as IT services. According to the Philippine Roadmap for the 2022 IT-BPM sector, the sector has seen significant growth in global market share over the past 10 years, with a combined annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2 percent from 2016 to 2022. year $ 38.9 billion by 2022.
Due to the impact of technological developments on the transformation of industries and enterprises, the same report says that the convergence of four major digital trends – big data and analytics (BDA), the Internet of Things (IoT), automation and artificial intelligence and cloud computing – will significantly affect IT-BPM sector.
As new technologies allow the sector to move up the value chain, the transition to higher-level skills will continue. By 2022, according to Frost & Sullivan, 73 percent of jobs in the IT-BPM industry will require intermediate and high-level skills.
Free courses on basic technology and skills in the workplace
As part of its SkillsBuild program, IBM today provided more than 1,800 free online courses in technology and skills, as well as project-based learning, credentials and coaching to those who want to improve or upgrade their skills.
Here are some online courses from IBM SkillsBuild to help train Filipino talents with basic technology and skills in the workplace:
– New technologies are a benchmark for new technologies that are changing job roles
– AI Foundations – a basic introduction to the principles of artificial intelligence and machine learning
– Data analysis – how to interpret and apply raw information
– Data science – how companies can use data to grow their business
– Cloud and quantum computing – as data science evolves to solve big problems in faster, safer and more efficient ways
– Fundamentals of cybersecurity – the principles of outwitting hackers to preserve organizational data
– Professional skills in the workplace are the foundations of human-centered skills such as collaboration
– Research on mindfulness – why mood is crucial to success in the workplace
– Preparing for your first job – what organizational-oriented skills, such as time management, are needed in the workplace.
Explore and develop future skills at https://skillsbuild.org.