What you need to know
- The Innovation project is based on the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation
- There are four categories of grants: community engagement, culture of inclusion, next-generation storytellers, and education and empowerment of young people.
- Applications are accepted online until March 25
NBC 5, Telemundo 39 and the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation are opening their Project Innovation grant in Dallas-Fort Worth for the fifth year in a row, from February 18 to March 25, with grants totaling $ 315,000 available to 12 grant recipients. Grant applications, rules and disclosures are available online at NBCDFW.com/ProjectInnovation or Telemundo39.com/ProyectoInnovacion.
Local nonprofits whose programs help address day-to-day community issues in any of the following four grant categories are strongly encouraged to apply for a project innovation grant by the March 25 deadline: community engagement, culture of inclusion, next-generation storytelling, youth education, youth education .
“We are proud to continue the program that returns communities, enabling nonprofits to increase their efforts with additional funding,” said Tom Ellman, President and General Manager of NBC 5 and Telemundo 39. “It is especially interesting to see new and deserving candidates from unique and inspiring projects dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, educating young people and increasing the overall participation of society. ”
NBC 5 and the Comcast-based Telemundo 39 NBCUniversal Foundation will select and award a $ 315,000 grant later this year to a maximum of 12 eligible nonprofits with an annual operating budget of more than $ 100,000 (as determined by the last 990). . -N IRS), located in the Dallas-Fort Worth market, operate and service them, and whose programs focus on any of the following four grant categories:
- Interaction with the community: Programs that allow individuals to participate and volunteer in their communities.
- Culture of inclusion: Programs that promote equal access, opportunities, and resources for traditionally underrepresented communities.
- Next-generation narrators: Programs that promote access and develop ways for new talent, diverse voices and underrepresented youth to pursue careers in news, entertainment, sports and the arts.
- Education and empowerment of young people: In-school and out-of-school programs that provide young people with the tools they need to succeed, including STEM / STEAM education and youth entrepreneurship.
For a list of grants received in 2021 at the NBC 5 and Telemundo 39 Project Innovation Grant Challenge, visit these websites: NBC 5 and Telemundo 39.